|Assistant General Manager
A client organisation is inviting applications from appropriately qualified candidates for the position of Assistant General Manager.
While this position is closely aligned to the agricultural sector, it exists nonetheless in a highly commercialised context which requires a strong sense of commercial motivation and financial acumen.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will bring to the table your previous experience of working in an autonomous capacity. While you will work closely with the company owners, there will nonetheless be a preference for you to take a high degree of responsibility for the finance management of the company eg:
• Sourcing or developing systems for the tracking, tracing and inputting of livestock data
• Financial oversight and management accounts (up to trial balance stage).
• Monthly management reporting, P & L, and cashflow
The hiring organisation is particularly keen to hear from individuals with entrepreneurial flair. Candidates could potentially come from a broad range of backgrounds, but will need to possess a “can do” attitude of success within this position. This role is for a goal-orientated person who knows what it takes to get the job done and who will stay focussed through to completion of key tasks.
• Strong accountancy skills – accountancy qualification an advantage
• Experience of robust financial systems and data analysis
• A strategic and inquiring mind
• Creative approach to improving profitability
• Previous knowledge of export trade would be a distinct advantage.
• Familiarity with farming business models
• Knowledge of Sage Accounts
• Experience of implementing rigorous financial structures and leading teams at this level
A combination of the following competencies to a greater or lesser extent are required:
• Some knowledge of agri General Management
• Accountancy, Finance and Administration Management skills
• IT applications and systems eg. database management
• Project management and / or business development management
• Previous knowledge and experience of overseas trade (export).
Please apply with a relevant cv, clearly stating your pay expectations and your ideal contract type and duration – a degree of mutually agreeable flexibility may be on offer in this role.
Please note: Application via email only by clicking here. Cv’s will be confidentially passed directly through to the client.
NB. No phone calls please