Job Title/Position: Central Control Room Trainee
Reports to: Production Line Manager
Hours: see listing on main Midlandjobs site
Closing Date: 31st August 2015
Company Pension – additional days annual leave for service – Cake/BBQ days – Employee Assistance Programme – Company days – Developmental training – Shift premium/overtime
Purpose of Job:
To operate and control all aspects of the plant from the control desk in order to produce cement to ISO9000 standards. To assist the production shift supervisor in the performance of his job. Trainees will be designated to the senior kiln man for training and to learn all aspects of the job.
Responsibilities / Key Tasks:
Monitor plant performance and react in order to maintain production levels taking account of quality parameters, safety parameters and the engineering requirements of the plant.
• Record plant operating data
• Notify staff about breakdowns to ensure they are attended to timeously
• Obtain samples and test them in accordance with testing procedures
• Maintain good industrial relations
• Complete production reports
• Assist in kiln stop work
• To continually update all areas of knowledge required to carry out the job at maximum effectiveness and attend training courses as and when required.
• To maintain a positive and enthusiastic approach to your job and set the highest possible standards for yourself and your co-workers
• Good communication skills. An ability to communicate effectively with all plant staff and senior management. Self-motivated with the ability to work of own initiative
• High level of problem solving skills and technical awareness.
• Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel.
• Desire to learn and improve knowledge of developing trends and advancements in the cement industry.
• Ability to handle stress and work on own initiative
Lagan Cement Limited applies the principles of fairness and equality of opportunity in employment.
To apply for this position, please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter/email to click here
(only online/email applications will be considered)