Company Lagan Cement
Location Lagan Cement, Killaskillen, Kinnegad, Co. Westmeath
Start Date September 2015
Contract 9 month graduate position (may be extended)
Salary This is a paid position, salary to be TBD
Closing Date Friday 28th August 2015
Candidates will be required to have an honours degree in Mechanical Engineering
Purpose of Job:
To Support the Project & Maintenance Engineers in their tasks of achieving high availability of production equipment through the implementation, monitoring and supervision of Projects & Maintenance in a heavy industrial production plant.
Key Tasks (will include but not limited to):
• To maintain a positive and enthusiastic approach to your job and set the highest possible standards for yourself and the team.
• Work in very close liaison with both the Project Engineer & Maintenance Engineer to deliver on key performance indicators.
• Involvement in the execution of planned, preventative, predictive and breakdown maintenance activities associated with all equipment.
• In close liaison with the planning dept. produce relevant maintenance history information, effective daily and shutdown planning schedules and ensure timely acquisition of required materials and equipment.
• Ensure that any sub-ordinates are aware of, and understand company and departmental objectives, policies and procedures.
• Foster a team-working, right first time and continuous improvement culture in the maintenance dept. and encourage problem identification and solving through a joint approach with all crew members.
• Assist with troubleshooting of various plant issues with recommendations on processes to alleviate the issues.
• To continually update all areas of knowledge required to carryout the job at maximum effectiveness and attend training courses as and when required.
• Assist in carrying out feasibility studies on improvement projects with emphasis on improving production cost and quality.
• Assist the Project Engineer in the managing of projects procedures and contractors.
• Assist the Project Engineer in project processes from inception through to completion, ensuring the necessary protocols and documentation are in place.
Compliance – Adhere to company policy and procedures. Seeks approval from correct authority for changes.
Independence – Is willing to question the current practices.
Management Control – Appreciation of the need for controls and maintenance of control over processes, people and activities.
Organising and Planning – Prioritise workload and work independently.
Interpersonal Skills – Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels and with external bodies.
Persuasiveness – Make clear presentation of the ideas and facts and convince others of this point of view. Also to gain agreement or acceptance of the plans.
Work Standards – Set high work standards for one’s self and others within the administration function.
Resilience – Maintain effectiveness in situations of disappointment or rejection.
Detail Handling – Tolerance for and ability to handle the details and paperwork associated with the job.
Initiative- Actively influencing events rather than passively accepting; sees opportunities and acts on them. Originates action or ideas.
How to Apply Please send your CV and a cover letter to by Friday 28th August 2015 – click here or email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com